This resource is a project of Building Changes.
Youth Ascend WA is a youth-centered, online tool for providers working with young people experiencing homelessness and housing instability as they plan for life after high school. It offers an inclusive and collaborative space where young people can explore resources to support their stability and opportunities they may want to pursue post-graduation.
Youth Ascend Washington Goals
1. Model positive youth engagement through the language, voice, and accessibility of the resource.
2. Consolidate resources that could be useful when supporting a young person transitioning out of high school.
3. Strengthen and build upon providers’ relationships with youth, and honor the resilience of the young people they are serving.
4. Build a network of champions and advocates serving students, youth, and young adults experiencing homelessness and housing instability across Washington State.
YOUTH ASCEND WASHINGTON PARTNERS
Many organizations contributed valuable insight and resources and helped to inform the design of this tool so that it would best serve young people experiencing homelessness and housing instability.
- Washington Gorge Action Programs
- Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges, WorkForce Education
- Washington State Department of Commerce, Office of Homeless Youth, Youth Homelessness Demonstration Projects
- Student support staff from Tacoma Public Schools and North Thurston Public Schools.